For 36 years, The Skin Cancer Foundation Journal has been sharing advice from experts on skin cancer prevention, early detection and treatment, as well as personal stories from those who have experienced skin cancer. It also highlights the Foundation’s members, donors, programs and events that all support our efforts to fight the world’s most common cancer. We invite you to browse the stories and share them with your friends and family. Together we can make a difference!
Some issue highlights:
• You Need a Biopsy. Now What Happens? Our experts walk patients through the whole process of a biopsy, including what happens in the lab, step by step.
• Seeing the Light on Indoor Tanning Inside scoop on the dangers, from a dermatologist, a young melanoma patient and a former tanning salon employee.
• Beyond the Sun Recent research reveals some things (not emanating from the sun) that may increase your risk for skin cancer. Learn if you should you be concerned.
• Bridge to the Future The Foundation’s Research Grants Program has given many young physicians a stepping stone to major lifesaving breakthroughs.
• Dermatologists Have the Answers Our experts address sun protection myths and controversies, as well as skin cancer risks in the military.
• Men on the Hook In the fight against skin cancer, men are way behind the women. Our expert explains why, and what you can do to help those with the Y chromosome.
Add to your cart and download it for free!